If you are unable to update the firmware of an old eWON (Serial number is older than 0648-xxxx-xx),you should probable upgrade the bootloader to the v2.
Normally, if your environment is running smoothly, no firmware update is required. We recommend upgrading the firmware only if you want to take advantage of new features or fixes.
New important features or fixes are also announced through our news section .
How to upgrade?
Use our eBuddy software to upgrade the firmware of your Flexy.
Via this Companion tool, you will download the latest firmware version available for your Flexy onto your computer and upgrade it then directly via eBuddy. Here's how to proceed:
- Launch eBuddy
- Download latest Flexy firmware :
Be sure to select the right product with the corresponding language:
Upgrade the firmware of your eWON Flexy
You will need to distinguish a minor from a major firmware upgrade
If you are simply changing the Service version, for example from v8.1 s0 to v8.1 s4 , this is considered as a minor upgrade. For any other upgrade, for example from v8.1 to v8.2 or v8.2 to v9.0, it is considered as a major upgrade.
For major upgrade
- Follow instruction that can be found in the KB-0114 - Ewon recovery and major firmware upgrade .
For minor upgrade
- Make sure your PC has a compatible IP address with the eWON IP address (LAN or VPN)
- Select the update firmware wizard inside eBuddy
- Encode the IP address of your eWON (or use the Browse function)
- Confirm the firmware update
- Wait until eWON reboots with new eWON firmware.
In addition to the eBuddy firmware upgrade process, there are alternative methods such as upgrading the firmware using FTP, downgrading firmware, etc. Find more in the firmware section.
KB-0252 : Bootloader upgrade for old eWON