The FINS IO Server includes the configuration of:
- The eWON as a FINS Hostlink client (master) to give access on values in CSCJ series OMRON equipment reachable using eWON serial port(s).
- The eWON as a FINS TCP/UDP client (master) to give access on values in CSCJ OMRON equipment reachable using eWON Ethernet interface.
- The eWON as a FINS TCP/UDP server acting as a gateway between the Ethernet/PPP interface and the serial interface (used to remotely connect programming/monitoring software to OMRON FINS supporting equipment reachable using eWON serial ports).
The FINS IO Server is designed to provide simultaneous access to OMRON equipment on its serial interface and Ethernet interface. The correct protocol will depend on the topic the Tag belongs to. UDP and TCP protocols can be mixed as well on the Ethernet interface.
The FINS IO Server serial settings can be configured in 3 modes:
- Full Duplex mode (eWON serial link must be configured in RS232 mode) without HW handshaking
- Full Duplex mode with HW handshaking
- Half Duplex slave mode (RS485 mode) Remote maintenance available.
|Remote Access for Omron PLCs||AUG-036.pdf|
|Access OMRON PLCs through an existing Talk2M connection||AUG-041.pdf|
|FINS IO Server (extract from RG-001)||Fins.pdf|
|Gateway FINS for Omron PLC (using local Ethernet connection or PSTN connection)||TN26.pdf|
|The Support-Omron.fr website offers also some specific documentations about the usage of eWON with Omron PLC.|
These documents are in french but with a lot of screen captures.
|Omron - Dip Switch||Tech. Note|